2 East Bay Sales You Will Love: Oaklandish Warehouse Sale (January 27, 2018); Erica Tanov (January 27 + 28, 2018)
Jonesing for some retail therapy? We think these are to 2 East Bay sales you will love. Get ready for BIG savings on clothing and accessories that range from super stylish to seriously Oaklandish.
Mark your calendar and pull out your FasTrak. Happy Deal Tracking!
2 East Bay Sales You Will Love:
Oaklandish Warehouse Sale 2018 January 27, 2018
Oaklandish apparel is fun, looks great, and sale proceeds help support their public events including the Oaklandish Innovators Grant program. Talk about a win-win.
This Saturday’s annual Oaklandish Warehouse Sale is your chance to shop discontinued styles, misprints and samples. Pricing is simple: tees: 1 for $15, 2 for $20, 3 for $25. FYI – tees regularly sell for $28 to $32 each.
And the organizers promises other treasures besides tees. Fingers crossed for hoodies and baseball caps.
Pesky Fine Print:
• No regular, non-clearance Oaklandish merchandise at the sale.
• All sales are final – no returns or exchanges. So carefully inspect your finds.
• No strollers allowed.
• No dogs allowed.
January 27, 2018
10 am to 7 pm
Erica Tanov ~ 2 Day Sale January 27 + 28, 2018
Erica Tanov, is known for a modern-romantic aesthetic – aka boho-chic. The high quality women’s clothing, jewelry, and accessories, as well as fab home goods are available at Erica Tanov stores and a handful specialty stores worldwide.
Twice a year Erica Tanov holds an amazing sale at their Berkley outpost. Based on earlier sales expect the Erica Tanov ~ 2 Day Sale to deliver steep discounts (up to 75% off) on a curated selection of samples and past season:
- women’s clothing, shoes, jewelry, accessories,
- select home goods (including quilts, bed linens, blankets and throws),
- new pieces from archival fabrics made exclusively for the sale, and
- fabric remnants.
Saturday, January 27 and Sunday, January 28, 2018
10 am to 6 pm
7 Tips For Shopping These 2 East Bay Sales You Will Love:
- Come early. Deal Tracker “duh” but worth repeating especially if you want first dibs.
- Dress for success. Wear a tank top/camisole, leggings, and slip on shoes. This makes trying on clothing super easy. And if the dressing room is full, sketchy, or way too crowded, you can try on clothing outside the dressing room.
- Leave your heavy oversized purse at home. You will have to leave your large purse (backpack, etc.) at the cash register. There is no check-in system so you run the risk of some unethical person walking off with your purse (grr.) Stash your cash, credit card, driver’s license, and lightweight reusable bag in your (zippered) jacket pocket. Bonus: your shoulders and back will thank you.
- Size it up. If the garment you love is a sample ignore the marked size because sizes on samples vary widely and don’t necessarily adhere to convention. So if you are a “medium” and the shirt you love is a “small” try it on any way, you might be pleasantly surprised by a perfect fit.
- Inspect. Look for tears, holes, broken zippers, and signs of poor construction. Flawed but still must have it? Consider politely showing the imperfection to a sales person and inquiring if s/he can help you out on the price. Yup, it’s okay to do this. But tread lightly – It is a thin line between a reasonable request and chutzpah…
- Ruthlessly edit. Just because it is a great price does not mean it is a great deal. It is only a great deal if you are going to wear it. If your deal is “dry clean” only it is probably not a deal. If your deal needs alterations it is probably not a deal. Expensive maintenance and/or a bad fit usually means long-term residence in your closet, with the tags attached. It is better to walk away empty-handed than come home with something you are not going to wear.
- Bring a trusted friend. It helps to have another set of eyes to keep you from making any major fashion faux pas – no returns. Plus if the check-out line is punishingly long you and your BFF can trade-off – one waits in line while the other shops.
Readers: Tracked a deal we missed? Thoughts on these 2 East Bay Sales You Will Love? Leave a note in the comments. Thanks!
Attention Shoppers: Besides these 2 East Bay Sales You Will Love check out these great shopping opps:
- Glassybaby Perfectly Imperfect Seconds Sale. January 27, 2018.
- Kira Kids Warehouse Sale. January 27, 2018.
- SAVS Warehouse Sale. January 27, 2018.
- Half price tickets.
- Super List: Free Days @SF Museums Twelve Hidden Gems – Bay Area Museums That Are Always Free, Unique and Intriguing.
- Museums for Free Any Day of The Week? Check out Discover & Go!
- Pier 24 – A (Free) Photography Treasure Trove
© 2018 Deal Tracker SF. All rights reserved.