Ride the Golden Gate Ferry Free to Larkspur. Through August 31, 2013.
Every once in a while two very different entities, with their own interest at heart, combine forces and you end up the winner.
On the one hand, the Golden Gate Larkspur Ferry wants more riders during non-commute times and wants to familiarize San Franciscans with the ferry.
On the other hand, the Marin Country Mart wants more people to check out their outdoor shopping center featuring 20 specialty shops, 13 diverse dining options, and fun special events including Friday Night Jazz, Off the Grid food trucks and Saturday morning Farmers’ markets.
Put both hands together for a round of applause for today’s post - free ferry rides to Marin for dining, shopping, and sunshine. Bravo.
THE DEAL and LOGISTICS:
Through August 31, 2013, enjoy free ferry rides between the Golden Gate San Francisco Ferry Terminal (foot of Market Street at The Embarcadero behind the Ferry Building) and Larkspur’s Marin Country Mart (2257 Larkspur Landing Circle.)
Fine Print for Leaving S.F.: The ferry is free on any trip departing S.F. weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m., and on weekends at the 12:40 p.m. departure. Riders departing San Francisco need to go online and download the promotion ferry ticket and present the ticket upon boarding a qualified ferry departure. How easy is that?
Fine Print for Returning to S.F.: Good news here – they are not leaving you stranded on the other side. You can pick up your ticket for a free trip back to San Francisco from any Marin Country Mart merchant, no purchase necessary. Trips back are good from Larkspur on any weekday ferry leaving between 10:10 a.m.-8:50 p.m., and on the weekends at the 4:45 p.m. departure time.
The complete Golden Gate Larkspur-San Francisco Ferry schedule is available online or go old school and call 511.
Good To Know:
- The Marin Country Mart is a short walk across the street from the Larkspur Ferry Terminal. Foodies will want to check out the multi award-winning, Marin Brewing Company; the great Mexican food from El Hurache Loco; and Belcampo Meat Co.’s full butcher counter, restaurant, and grocery stocked with a variety of local foods.
- Bicycles are welcome on the ferry (though a limited number), so consider bringing your bicycle and cycle to the area’s nearby trails and parks.
- This offer is not valid for organized tour groups.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Animals are permitted on ferries if they are guide dogs, working service, or special-assistant animals. Other animals or pets are permitted aboard ferries provided they are in, and remain in, approved hand-carried containers. For all the ferry rules and regs click here.
Dining? Shops? Sunshine? A free cruise on the Bay? I love this deal.
This deal deserves another round of applause.