Last Call for Bay Area Bead Extravaganza.November 4 + 5, 2017
This is the last call for Bay Area Bead Extravaganza (“BABE”). The organizers are retiring and this gem is having its final show. Sigh.
BABE features over 120 juried exhibitors, including studio glass, silver, stone and polymer clay bead artists. Find handcrafted beads from varied and interesting material as well as independent dealers rarely seen elsewhere. Plus free demos and affordable classes.
Whether you are a jewelry maker, collector, designer, novice, or pro, put this event on your calendar. And keep your calendar handy. The first few weeks of November has a lot of warehouse sales, sample sales, and gift fairs.
Let the deal tracking begin.
The Last Call for Bay Area Bead Extravaganza has beads of every sort, every stripe, and every price range.
- Modern and ethnic beads of glass, stone, metals, pearls, fiber and more.
- Antique, ancient and vintage beads around the world.
- Contemporary art beads.
- Steam punk (modern pieces with a vintage flair).
- Beads from recycled components.
- Finished jewelry. (My weak spot.)
- Supplies, and more.
Check out the vendor list.
Saturday November 4, 2017, 10 am – 6 pm
Sunday November 5, 2017, 10 am – 5 pm
Getting There: Consider taking BART or an AC Transit bus and spend that parking money on beads! The Oakland Convention Center is across the street from the 12th Street BART station and is easy walking distance from several AC Transit Bus Lines.
4 Tips For The Last Call for Bay Area Bead Extravaganza:
- Not a hobbyist? No worries – a lot of vendors have finished pieces perfect for gift giving (or for yourself!)
- Be sure to check out the free demos.
- Ready for a new hobby? Check out the affordable classes – $60 for half day, $120 for full day. Classes given November 3rd thru 5th, 2017. Although online class registration has ended, you can sign up for any available classes in person at the 2nd floor registration area Friday November 3rd through Sunday, November 5th, 2016.
- Don’t forget to bring the coupon for 50% off admission.
h/t to Jaret for letting me know about today’s deal. Be sure to stop by Jaret’s booth: “Jaret’s Amazing Old Beads”
Readers: Tracked a deal we missed? Thoughts on this sale? Leave a note in the comments. Thanks!
Other Deal News:
- SF Kidswear Fall Sample Sale 2017. November 3 + 4, 2017.
- Stella Studio Warehouse Sale Fall 2017. Through November 5, 2017.
- SDH Fine European Linens Warehouse Sale Fall 2017. November 3 + 4, 2017
- Free Family Day @ SFMOMA. Sunday, November 5, 2017
- SF Open Studios. This annual, month-long art event in October and November showcases over 800 emerging and established San Francisco artists in their studios.
- Find fabulous comp tickets and half price tickets to great theater, music, events and more.
- Bank of America Free Museum Weekend. November 4 +5, 2017
- Super List: Free Days @SF Museums
- Twelve Hidden Gems – Bay Area Museums That Are Always Free, Unique and Intriguing.
- Museums for Free Any Day of The Week? Check out Discover & Go!
- Pier 24 – A (Free) Photography Treasure Trove
© 2017 Deal Tracker SF. All rights reserved.