4 Sample Sales In One Hot Spot: Golden Bear Sportswear, Taylor Stitch, Unionmade, and Mill Mercantile. April 28 + 29, 2017.
This Friday and Saturday, Golden Bear, the fave SF leather house, is hosting 4 Sample Sales In One Hot Spot.
Shop women and men’s samples from Golden Bear, Taylor Stitch, Unionmade, and Mill Mercantile.
The organizers’ say this is THE sample sale to end all sample sales. Woot!
Bonus: Libations provided by Headlands Brewery and Union Wine Co.
Hit this week’s 4 Sample Sales In One Hot Spot, for men and women’s apparel from some of San Francisco’s fave merchants.
Pick up samples from:
- Golden Bear Sportswear – jackets, shirts, pants and more. Merch for men and women.
- Taylor Stitch– sells men and women’s shirts, outerwear, denim, and basics. Taylor Stitch’s apparel is designed in San Francisco, limited in number, and manufactured in California. #waylocal
- Unionmade – is known for their men’s casual and fine clothing, shoes, and men’s grooming products.
- Mill Mercantile – the women’s counterpart to San Francisco’s Unionmade, Mill Mercantile is known for a curated selection of clothing, home goods, accessories and more.
April 28th, 12 – 7pm
April 29th, 11 – 3pm
7 Tips for the 4 Sample Sales In One Hot Spot: Golden Bear, Taylor Stitch, Unionmade, and Mill Mercantile:
- Come early. Deal Tracker “duh” but worth repeating especially if you want first dibs on samples.
- Dress for success. Women – wear a tank top/camisole, leggings, and slip on shoes. Men – wear a light t-shirt. This will allow you to comfortably try on clothes without the benefit of a dressing room. Women and men – if shopping for outerwear, bring (or wear) a sweater to make sure your new jacket can accommodate winter layers.
- Size it up. Sizes on samples vary widely and don’t necessarily adhere to convention. So if you are a “medium” and the item you love is a “small” try it on any way, you might be pleasantly surprised by a perfect fit.
- Shop hands free. Leave your heavy over-sized handbag at home. Stash your cash, credit card, driver’s license, and lightweight reusable bag in your (zippered) jacket pocket. Your shoulders and back will thank you.
- Inspect. Look for tears, holes, broken zippers, etc. Flawed but still must have it? Consider politely showing the imperfection to a sales person and inquiring if s/he can help you out on the price. It never hurts to ask and it’s not personal if they say “no.” But tread lightly – it is a thin line between a reasonable request and chutzpah…
- Ruthlessly edit. Just because it is a great price does not mean it is a great deal. It is only a great deal if you are going to use it.
- Bring a trusted friend. It helps to have another set of eyes since all sales are final. Plus if the check-out line is long you and your BFF can trade-off – one waits in line while the other shops.
Have an opinion/tip about this deal? Missed a deal you tracked? Leave a comment. Thanks!
Deals We Are Tracking:
- Madeline Weinrib Sample Sale SF Spring 2017. April 25-27, 2017.
- Calling all Fashionistas: Stella Studio Closing Sale. On now through May 2017
- Foodies Alert: Chef’s Warehouse Closing Sale. On now through May 2017.
- Restoration Hardware Warehouse Sale Spring 2017. 4 Weekends April 2017
- Click here for comp and discount tickets to great Bay Area events.
- Spring Plant Sale @ UC Berkeley Botanical Garden. April 29, 2017 from 10 am to 2 pm.
- San Francisco Vintage Paper Fair 2017. April 29 & 30, 2017.
- Independent Book Store Day. April 29, 2017
- 19th Annual Glen Park Festival. Sunday, April 30, 2017
- StARTup Art Fair San Francisco 2017. April 28-30, 2017
© 2017 Deal Tracker SF. All rights reserved.