Bernal Heights Hillwide Garage Sale Summer 2017. August 12, 2017.
If your heart skips a joyous beat at the thought of scouring your neighbor’s cast-offs, I mean treasures, don’t miss the Bernal Heights Hillwide Garage Sale Summer 2017.
This one day shopping treasure hunt has everything from antiques to vintage clothing, furniture, art, jewelry, sporting goods, books, household goods, vinyl, retro stereo equipment, collectibles of every sort and much more.
Hit the Hill and score fantastic deals on everything from must-haves to didn’t-know-you-must-haves.
Bargain hunters, treasure seekers, and tchotchke enthusiasts, mark your calendars for the Bernal Heights Hillwide Garage Sale Summer 2017. Residents are clearing their garages, closets, basements, and stocking their sidewalks with all sorts of treasures. Expect rock bottom prices.
Bonus: If you need a break from all those bargains mosey on over to the Rec Center (500 Moultrie) behind the library on Cortland. Enjoy FREE hot dogs, popcorn, and bottled water. The Break Station and Resource Fair is open during the Bernal Heights Hillwide Garage Sale Summer 2017 from 9am to -2pm.
Saturday, August 12, 2017 from 9 am to 2 pm
6 Tips For The Bernal Heights Hillwide Garage Sale Summer 2017:
- Only go with kindred spirits. Never bring a semi-interested treasure hunter or worse a disinterested treasure hunter. Never. They will bring you down and will want to leave long before you have scoured every table, every rack, and every box at every house. The same goes for your small children. They will lose interest long before you do so leave them home with a disinterested treasure hunter.
- Timing is everything therefore plot your arrival strategy. For the best picks arrive early. Just remember, while the early bird gets first shot at the best stuff, the early bird also pays top dollar. For the best price arrive towards the end of the sale. However the downside there is you run the risk that all that is left is the dregs. But it will be super discounted dregs. Both strategies work, you just need to pick the one that suits you.
- Bring cash, particularly small bills. This is your neighbor not a department store so no credit cards and no personal checks. If you come with dollar bills as opposed to twenties you will be in a better position for bargaining with sellers.
- Be flexible. This is sport shopping plain and simple. Having a specific treasure in mind is a recipe for disappointment. So don’t go hoping to nab a rare ruby Bakelite bracelet. Do go hoping to score an amazing find. That said, if you are looking for something specific you can narrow your search. Click here to search for specific things or by broader category (look for search box on the right side of the page about half way down.) For example:
- if you are looking for that brand new crockpot, type “crockpot” in the general search box;
- or if you are on the hunt for some gently used furniture or kitchen stuff then use the tag cloud immediately below the search box—just click on the category you want to explore.
In both cases you will get a list of all the garages who either have your search term in their description or items in the category you selected. How cool is that?
- Dress for success. Wear comfy shoes. Woman – wear a crossbody style purse or better yet, ditch the purse and stash your cash, credit card, driver’s license, and lightweight reusable bag in your (zippered) jacket pocket. If you plan on shopping for clothing and want to try stuff on, wear a tank top under your sweater and leggings. Both will allow you to comfortably try on clothes in situ.
- Bring a large reusable bag for carrying purchases.
Other Deal News:
- Amour Vert Summer Sample Sale. August 10-13; 17-20; 24-27, 2017
- Tart Collections Warehouse Sale Summer 2017. August 11 + 12, 2017
- Filipino Pistahan Parade & Festival in San Francisco. August 12 and 13, 2017.
- Check out WAR | Malo on Sunday, August 13, 2017 @ the Stern Grove Festival 2017. Festival takes place every Sunday through August 27, 2017.
- Free Day @ SF Zoo for San Francisco (SF residents only.) Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- Find half price tickets to great theater, music, events and more.
- Twelve Hidden Gems – Bay Area Museums That Are Always Free, Unique and Intriguing.
- Museums for Free Any Day of The Week? Check out Discover & Go!
- Pier 24 – A (Free) Photography Treasure Trove
Tracked a deal we missed? Email Shari@Dealtrackersf.com
© 2017 Deal Tracker SF. All rights reserved.