Chronicle Books Holiday Warehouse Sale 2017. December 14 – 17, 2017.
Just in time for holiday gift giving Chronicle Books is having its biggest sale of the year. Everything at the warehouse is marked down 80%.
Stock up on cookbooks,children’s books, lifestyle + home, arts + crafts, art + design, photography, travel, pop culture, and music titles. Plus a great selection of journals, stationery, and gift items.
Public Service Announcement: As you may have noticed, this is warehouse/sample sale and holiday fair season. Keep checking Deal Tracker SF for upcoming sales and other happenings.
Tips worth repeating: check the websites before going; go early for the best selection; pick a city and go to the sales in that city; bring a bag; bring cash for when credit cards are not accepted; and bring a friend. Because we have so many sales at the same time strategic planning is a must. If a sale looks interesting make sure you put it on your calendar. Most of these sales are only a day or two and only come around once or twice a year. Keep checking for sale updates!
Ho, ho, ho, the Chronicle Books Holiday Warehouse Sale 2017 is three glorious bargain filled days. Everything at the 680-Second Street store selling for 80% off retail.
7 Tips for the Chronicle Books Holiday Warehouse Sale 2017:
- The Chronicle Books Holiday Warehouse Sale 2017 is their best sale of the year. There is no after-Christmas-save-more sale. This is before-Christmas-save-the-most sale. So stock up!
- This sale features past season faves, not the latest and greatest (darn!). So don’t go hoping to score a hot copy of the new bestseller. But scour those boxes and shelves – you will surely find several must-have past season gems. I always do.
- The “warehouse” is a small bookstore at the entrance level to Chronicle Books’ HQ.
- This sale is only at Chronicle Books Corporate Headquarters. Business as usual at all other stores and online.
- Go early for the best selection. I know that sounds like a big “duh” but based on my experience they run out of the more popular titles. Plus you compete with online book sellers that come and snap up the most popular titles. Not one book, but all the books in the title they want. To combat the (evil) online sellers, Chronicle Books says they ordered four times as much stock as last year, and will bring out new stock every morning. Even still, come early to get the best deals. And considering (politely) asking the (greedy) online buyer if you could have one measly copy of the book he took all 40 copies of. Yea, I am bitter.
- Ruthlessly edit. Just because it is a great price does not mean it is a great deal. It is not a great deal if their overstock becomes your overstock and lives the next several years in a bag at the bottom of your closet…
- Bonus: each purchase comes with a 20% discount off a meal at next door neighbor – Tony’s Slice House. They make to die for pizza. So come hungry!
680 Second Street
San Francisco 94107 MAP
Three days only:
Thursday, December 14, 2017 9 am –7 pm
Friday, December 15, 2017 9 am -7 pm
Saturday, December 16,2017 10 am-3 pm
Limited metered parking on Second Street and a parking garage at 680 Second Street.
Readers: Tracked a deal we missed? Thoughts on this deal? Leave a note in the comments. Thanks!
Deals We Are Tracking:
- Telegraph Avenue Holiday Street Fair December 16, 17, 23, 24, 2017
- La Bouquetiere Holiday Warehouse Sale 2017. December 16-17, 2017
- 27th Annual Berkeley Artisans Holiday Open Studios December 16–24, 2017
- Pizzichillo & Gordon Art Glass Studio Holiday Sale December 6,and 23, 201
- Super List: Free Days @SF Museums Twelve Hidden Gems – Bay Area Museums That Are Always Free, Unique and Intriguing.
- Museums for Free Any Day of The Week? Check out Discover & Go!
- Pier 24 – A (Free) Photography Treasure Trove
© 2017 Deal Tracker SF. All rights reserved.