Cuyana Sample Sale. July 29, 2017.
Mark your calendar for the Cuyana Sample Sale. Shop their signature designer bags, accessories, and clothing for less.
Prices start at $25.
Cuyana designs high-end women’s basics inspired by a philosophy of “fewer, better things.” The idea is quality over quantity.
Consider the Cuyana Sample Sale a rare opportunity to purchase their past season bags, accessories, and clothing at reduced prices. Fingers crossed the sale will include my fave, their signature leather tote.
Saturday, July 29, 2017
8:30 am to 3:30 pm
In person only – no online sale.
8 Tips for The Cuyana Sample Sale
- Come early. Deal Tracker “duh” but worth repeating. Expect shoppers to line up long before the doors open. If you want first dibs get there early. Very early.
- Debit and credit card purchases only. No cash and no checks. No kidding.
- Dress for success. Wear a tank top/camisole, leggings, and slip on shoes. This makes trying on clothing super easy. And if the dressing room is full, sketchy, or way too crowded, you can try on clothing outside the dressing room.
- Leave your heavy oversized purse at home. You will have to check your large purse (backpack, etc.) at the door. Therefore you run the risk of some unethical person walking off with your purse (grr.) Stash your cash, credit card, driver’s license, and lightweight reusable bag in your (zippered) jacket pocket. Bonus: your shoulders and back will thank you.
- Size it up. If the garment you love is a sample ignore the marked size because sizes on samples vary widely and don’t necessarily adhere to convention. So if you are a “medium” and the shirt you love is a “small” try it on any way, you might be pleasantly surprised by a perfect fit.
- Inspect. Look for tears, holes, broken zippers, and signs of poor construction. Flawed but still must have it? Consider politely showing the imperfection to a sales person and inquiring if s/he can help you out on the price. It never hurts to ask and it’s not personal if they say “no.” But tread lightly – It is a thin line between a reasonable request and chutzpah…And all sales are final.
- Ruthlessly edit. Just because it is a great price does not mean it is a great deal. It is only a great deal if you are going to use it. If your deal is “dry clean” only it is probably not a deal. If your deal needs alterations it is probably not a deal. Expensive maintenance and/or a bad fit usually means long-term residence in your closet, with the tags attached. It is better to walk away empty-handed than come home with something you are not going to use.
- Bring a trusted friend. It helps to have another set of eyes to keep you from making any major fashion faux pas – no returns. Plus if the check-out line is punishingly long you and your BFF can trade-off – one waits in line while the other shops.
Have an opinion about this sale? Leave a comment. Your fellow shoppers will thank you.
Tracked a deal we missed? Email Shari@Dealtrackersf.com
Other Deal News:
- Caramel Cantina Warehouse Sale. July 30, 2017.
- Nomadic Traders 2017 Spring Warehouse Sale Extended. Limited dates through July 30, 2017.
- Baggu and Friends Sample Sale Summer 2017. July 29 + 30, 2017
- Les Lunes East Bay Sample Sale. Through August 31, 2017.
- Click here for comp and discount tickets to great Bay Area events.
- 32nd Annual Berkeley Kite Festival & West Coast Kite Championships. July 29-30 2017.
- John Luther Adams ‘Inuksuit’ – Free outdoor performance at Lands End/Sutro Baths. July 29, 2017 at 1 pm.
- Treasure Island Flea Market. July 29-30 2017.
- Twelve Hidden Gems – Bay Area Museums That Are Always Free, Unique and Intriguing.
- Museums for Free Any Day of The Week? Check out Discover & Go!
© 2017 Deal Tracker SF. All rights reserved.