4 Holiday Gift Fairs: Women X Made Holiday Gift Fair (December 9, 2017); 2017 Misfit Maker Factory and Creative Marketplace (December 9, 2017); Merry Mercado Goods & Good Craft Fair. (December 9, 2017); Telegraph Avenue Holiday Street Fair (December 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 2017)
These 4 holiday gift fairs have a curated selection of original jewelry, bags, gourmet gifts, home items, apparel, body products, children’s toys, holiday cards,decorations, stationery, and more.
Consider this your chance to kiss the big box store good-bye and say ta ta to ho-hum mass-produced holiday gifts.
Public Service Announcement: As you may have noticed, this is warehouse/sample sale and holiday fair season. Keep checking Deal Tracker SF for upcoming sales and other happenings.
Tips worth repeating: check the websites before going; go early for the best selection; pick a city and go to the sales in that city; bring a bag; bring cash for when credit cards are not accepted; and bring a friend. Because we have so many sales at the same time strategic planning is a must. If a sale looks interesting make sure you put it on your calendar. Most of these sales are only a day or two and only come around once or twice a year. Keep checking for sale updates!
Happy Deal Tracking!
4 Holiday Gift Fairs You Will Want to Track:
- Women X Made Holiday Gift Fair. Saturday, December 9, 2017
Hit the historic Women’s Building and shop from over 40 local independent woman owned and operated businesses. Find unique apparel, jewelry, artisanal food, art, home goods and more.
Saturday, December 9, 2017 from noon to 6 pm
For public transit: take BART to 16th Street Station.
Muni bus lines serving this area: 14, 22, 26, 33, 49 and the J Church.
For drivers: Circle the neighborhood until you find a metered parking spot. Or pay to park at one of these City lots: Mission/Bartlett Garage (3255 21st Street ) or t/Hoff Garage
16th & Hoff (just above 16th St. Bart).
- Misfit Maker Factory and Creative Marketplace . Saturday, December 9, 2017
The Misfit Maker Factory and Creative Marketplace is part live art making and part marketplace.
Ogle, buy, and bear witness to artist mayhem as over 40+ Bay Area artists create one-of-a-kind toys and giftables. All those items are selling for $20 – $60. This is truly rock bottom pricing for original art.
And/or shop Root Division’s Creative Marketplace featuring booths from local artists, shops and workshops specializing in locally made goods. This temporary marketplace offers an additional outlet to explore one-of-kind objects and directly support artists and art workers.
Click here for a list of participants.
Good to Know: In case Root Division is not on your radar (ah, me) it is a community gem. This non-profit provides subsidized studio space to working artists. In exchange the artists teach under-served youth, lead adult education classes, and produce exhibits showcasing local artists. This symbiotic relationship between established artists and wannabe artists nurtures creativity, fosters volunteerism and enhances community engagement. In sum, Root Division’s formula is a win-win.
Saturday, December 9 ,2017 4 pm -8 pm
- Merry Mercado Goods & Good Craft Fair. December 9, 2017
Shop everything from hand-crafted ceramics to intricate prints all created by talented artisans who volunteer their time with 826 Valencia.
Prepare to check off everyone on your holiday hit list, I mean gift list, regardless of whether they were naughty or nice.
Saturday, December 9, 2017 Noon – 6 pm
- Telegraph Avenue Holiday Street Fair. December 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 2017
Telegraph Avenue Holiday Street Fair is one stop shopping for unusual handcrafted products from over 200 artisans. Shop for jewelry, beadwork, wirework, hats, candles, leather work, silk-screened and tie-dyed clothing, pottery, wood crafts, metal crafts, paintings, henna-art, gift boxes, photography, sculptures, and more. Plus enjoy good cheer, music and eats.
Intrigued but still on the fence? Click here to see a sampling of the wares for sale.
Telegraph Avenue Holiday Street Fair
Telegraph Avenue between Bancroft & Dwight Way, Berkeley
December 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 2017 | 11 am to 6 pm
Located near the Downtown Berkeley Bart Station & many AC Transit bus routes.
Readers: Tracked a deal we missed? Thoughts on this deal? Leave a note in the comments. Thanks!
Deals We Are Tracking:
- Marjorie Baer Jewelry and Bead Sale . December 9 +10, 2017.
- 21st Annual Meyer Cookware Factory Outlet Sale. November 30 to December 11, 2017.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Warehouse Sale 2017. December 9 + 10, 2017.
- La Bouquetiere Holiday Warehouse Sale 2017. December 9-10 and 16-17, 2017
- 27th Annual Berkeley Artisans Holiday Open Studios December 9–10, 16–24, 2017
- Pizzichillo & Gordon Art Glass Studio Holiday Sale December 9,16,and 23, 2017
- 49 Square Miles Sample Sale. December 5-8, 2017.
- Philippa Roberts Jewelry Annual Sample Sale. December 6, 2017.
- 5th Annual East Bay Print Sale December 8 – 10, 2017
- Art Explosion Studios Holiday Art Show December 10, 2017
- 8 Tips for California Academy Of Sciences Free Day. December 10, 2017.
- Super List: Free Days @SF Museums
- Twelve Hidden Gems – Bay Area Museums That Are Always Free, Unique and Intriguing.
- Museums for Free Any Day of The Week? Check out Discover & Go!
- Pier 24 – A (Free) Photography Treasure Trove
© 2017 Deal Tracker SF. All rights reserved.