Friends of SF Public Library Big Book Sale 2017. September 20-24, 2017
Friends of SF Public Library Big Book Sale 2017 brings a whole new meaning to friends with benefits.
Bibliophiles, cookbook collectors, armchair travelers, and hobbyist of every sort mark your calendars – this sale has acres of books covering every imaginable genre.
And that’s not all. The sale also includes DVDs, CDs, audio books, vinyl, and other forms of media.
Prices are rock bottom. Nothing costs more than $3. Hold out until Sunday and everything is only $1.
Mark your calendar for THE largest used book sale on the West Coast.
Put down your e-reader and high tail over to the Friends of SF Public Library Big Book Sale 2017. Find over 500,000 books, DVDs, CDs, books on tape, vinyl, and other forms of media in over 70 categories.
Pricing is simple: $3-hard cover books; $2-paperback books; $1-DVDs, CDs, books on tape, vinyl, and other forms of media. Bonus: children’s books are only $1.
All items remaining on Sunday, September 24th are only $1.
Proceeds from the Friends of SF Public Library Big Book Sale support the San Francisco Public Library. It is a win-win.
September 20 – 24, 2017
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017 Member Preview Sale & Reception. 4 -8 pm. Friends of the San Francisco Library Members (at any level) are invited for a first crack at sale merchandise, plus wine, and tasty treats. Members need to show current membership card or bring event ticket. It is not too late — join today!
- September 21 – 25, 2016 10 am – 6 pm
Parking: On-site parking at Fort Mason. Street parking for those with parking karma.
Easy access by public transportation.
- Try and snag a shopping cart as soon as you get inside. Books are heavy and you can quickly accumulate an armload of “must haves.” And don’t forget to bring a reusable bag (or two or three) to lug your treasures home. Paper bags provided, boxes sold for $1.
- Budget plenty of time to browse/shop. The sale is well-organized – books are grouped by genre and displayed bind side up. But with are over half a million books and media in 70 different categories you will need a minimum of two hours to check out the Big Book Sale merch. Click here for a downloadable copy of the floor map.
- The fine print: Cash, cards & checks are accepted. Items are not held overnight. There are no returns. Scanners are accepted.
- Dress for success. Wear comfy shoes – you will do a lot of standing and walking. Consider stashing your cash, license and credit card in your pocket and leaving your fashionably over-sized/heavy purse home – the last thing you need is to lug heavy books and a heavy purse.
- Bring a friend and take turns waiting in the check-out line. The lines are long and slow especially on the preview day when professional buyers clog the registers with grocery carts packed with 100s of books.
- Want FREE books? Volunteer. Volunteers receive complimentary tickets to the Member Preview Sale & Reception, a first look at all the items, and a $5 coupon for every shift. Spaces are still open. Call (415) 477-5223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Come for the sale and stay for the day. Walk around Fort Mason and the Marina Green. Fort Mason has fantastic views of San Francisco Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. Stroll along the Marina Green for people and dog watching. Enjoy seeing the fabulous kites that dot the sky. Bring a picnic or go to Chestnut Street for lunch. Friday night enjoy 30+ Off Grid food trucks, 3 bars and live music. Sunday enjoy a great Farmer’s Market in the Fort Mason parking log. 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Dogs (on leash) are allowed but only bring your dog if it plays well with others and doesn’t get stressed out in a crowded, stimulating, and noisy environment populated with lots of dogs and people.
Have an opinion/tip about this deal? Did we miss a deal you tracked? We want to hear from you so leave a comment. Thanks!
Other Deal News:
- Smithsonian’s 13th Annual Free Museum Day. RSVP now for FREE museum day September 23, 2017.
- 9 Tips for Exploratorium Free Day. Saturday, September 23, 2017
- 8 Tips for California Academy Of Sciences Free Day. September 24, 2017
- Recology® San Francisco Artist in Residence Exhibitions. September 22, 23, + 26, 2017
- 34th Annual Folsom Street Fair. September 24, 2017
- Free Entrance To National Parks. September 30, 2017
- Super List: Free Days @SF Museums.
- Find half price tickets to great theater, music, events and more.
- Twelve Hidden Gems – Bay Area Museums That Are Always Free, Unique and Intriguing.
- Museums for Free Any Day of The Week? Check out Discover & Go!
- Pier 24 – A (Free) Photography Treasure Trove
© 2017 Deal Tracker SF. All rights reserved.